Realisation

Realisation


I knew in that moment,

As I closed the car door

That I was closing the door

On the old me

The one who takes the crap

And makes it better.


I knew in that moment,

As you drove away

That you had a journey to make

That could only be made

By the person

Sitting behind the wheel.


I had faith in that moment

In the universe's strength

To make

Whatever needed to happen

Happen

For both of us.


We were given that moment

To pause and reflect.

To calm from your anger,

To rise from my perceived injustice,

And find the path

Of true togetherness.


So as I reflect on that moment,

12 days ago,

I realise that in staying silent

I broke the cycle,

Of you run, I rescue

Of you lead, I follow.


In that moment

I had expected more from you

Than to be considered weak, crazy

A bad parent

For asking you to stop...


It was an unrealistic expectation

From a heart so soft.


Because in that moment

That is what you saw.


Because in that moment

You did not see what had gone before

The way she struggled with her breath

But had the courage to protest

And fight for what you really meant

A father figure she'd so dreamt.


And thus in that moment

And the day after that

You made your decision

Without checking those facts,

The red mist had descended

And all that was, was that.


I realise in that moment

You saw what You saw

You didn't see Love hanging onto the door,

So I reflect on that fact

And wonder if you'll try to embrace

The true love that's staring right back at your face?


A Wensley

28.09.2024

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

At home in public houses

Home (2004-2024)

Summits