New beginnings with the Quantock Poetry Trail

Hi, welcome to my new blogger page, if you'd like to read more of my poetry back catalogue and new poetry - as it happens, I have a Facebook page called 'Words of Compassion, Words of Peace; Poetry by A Wensley'

Somerset has always been my home; I have a particular family and deep connection with Exmoor National Park and the Quantock Hills AONB. I write a regular Yammer blog for Somerset County Council employees on the theme of mindfulness and wellbeing, brought about by my mindful walking in the Somerset countryside and have undertaken various voluntary conservation and research activities over the years.

In recent times, I have contributed to several of Frome-based poet Liv Torc's participation projects - namely Haiflu (a pandemic poetic and photographic record of the experiences of common people during the covid lockdowns) and Hot Poets Sparks (a climate change - change the doom narrative project) - a new book 'Hot Poets Sparks' is soon to be published (Autumn 2022) which will include my poem 'Solar Dawn', a collaboration work with Somerset County Council inspired by local Energy projects.  I have been a regular at the Rainbow Fish Speakeasy Open Mic sessions held in Somerset/on Zoom since 2021, also led by Liv, performing alongside guest poets including Jonny Fluffypunk, Chris Redmond, Clare Ferguson-Walker, Matt Harvey and one special night with the awe-inspiring legend that is John Hegley.

I've recently started on a journey with the QLPS Quantock Poetry Trail project led by Ralph Hoyte so will be using this blogger site to keep track of my fellow creators' contributions and comments, sharing inspirational locations for our poetry walks during 2022-23.  Hope you come along for the ride and enjoy my regular contributions to this and their blogger site.



Be mindful, Angela

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

At home in public houses

Home (2004-2024)

Summits